Saturday, July 18, 2009

Lazy day

Today was so NICE. Oh my goodness, I have been working wayyy too much lately. I just found out this week that I will be taking over a supervisory position at my work, as well as keeping my regular 40 hour job. So I will need to learn to do my job faster, and will probably be more tired than usual! The nice thing is that I get to take some days off, AKA this weekend is a Four Day Weekend! Oh joy! Oh relaxation. Oh, I have so many things I need to get done but I have no inclination to get off the couch.. That is how this weekend is going. Here was my schedule for today:

5am- wake up and take Lucy the pup out. Go back to sleep and snuggle with pup.
9am- wake up. Wake Lucy up. Have breakfast. Chef Michael's and some dry kibble for Lucy, this really good pb&j-'dilla with sauteed Jazz apples for me. My really cool friend Maida has a vegan blog site, and this is one of her recipes. You should check it out! It was gooey and really like comfort food, a nice way to wake up



Afternoon: Watch the Food Network, and the movie Rudy. Have an unremarkable but large lunch with Husbando, and watch Ghostbusters.

Late Afternoon: Nap with Lucy and let Husbando do the mid-month bills. Wake up at around 8pm. Today was kind of like being in Spain. Siesta just went a little long.
8pm and on: No dinner, still full and it is too hot to eat. Take Lucy on a walk. Protect Lucy from the 60+lb Husky down the street from us that got out. He was just a big boy, only 1year old, but he was looking too big off his leash for me to deal with. I put Lu in the house and put the Husky on Lucy's tiny little leash and took him to his home across the street. Then we got barked at by a German Shepherd and a Springer Spaniel, and sniffed rather thoroughly by a Sottish Terrier at the park. It was an eventful evening for Lucy, she crashed after that.
Good news, I got some knitting done, even with my hectic and totally busy day. Hehe. I have to say, I loved what I was working on today. It is called the Rivendell Sock, by Janel Laidman. I am creating this sock out of a Knit Picks yarn called Dolphin. It is a pretty, dolphin blue color made of 70% Merino Wool and 30% Silk. It is actually left over yarn from my time with the Apres Surf Hoodie. I way overbought, I have 4 hanks of this Dolphin yarn left, but it is cool, I really love it.

I will be giving these socks away to my Auntie who thinks she is an elf. No, she isn't mentally unstable, she just really likes the movie of the Lord of the Rings. After the movies came out, she kept saying she was part elf because her ears are a bit pointy on the tips, and she likes archery. So she needs elf socks.

Well, its time for me to go to bed (again- I did a lot of sleeping today!), take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment