Friday, February 27, 2009

On the Road Again

Today I travel from one home to my weekend home. Doesn't that sound fabulous? Must be some fabulous vacation home or something. Not really. I work in one city and my husbando works in another city, and it is too far for us to commute every day. So we live together on the weekend. It is like dating my husband. At first, this situation was fun, but now it is kind of tedious (the travel, not the seeing of my husbando, that is always fun!). It would be so nice to live in the same place, and have relaxing weekends where we do laundry and watch Saturday morning cartoons. Right now, we make a big deal of seeing each other, and I think because he and I are so important to each other, we want to express that by doing things, like going to hockey games, spontaneous travel to exciting destinations. But I just really love being with him, I could just hang out at home with our parrot and be happy.

A little about the Parrot. Oh my.. he is a character! He is an African Gray, and they are very much one person birds. This one has finally accepted me as the second parent, and gives me kissies on the nose! At first all I got were bites. Now we have a hilarious and good relationship. He calls us "Dodo" and we call him "Dodo" and he reprimands us and laughs with us and is such a part of our little family.

So, on this road trip to my other house, lately I have been getting carsick, while I am driving. Weird.. So I have been sipping on small sodas for the carbonation, it seems to settle my stomach. I don't like drinking soda much, it seems very chemically, and counter-productive to my weight loss goals.

I lost 2 lbs this week! Almost there.. kind of.. :) Now I just have to eat more fish and vegetables.

I was invited to a new group in Ravelry. If you don't know what Ravelry is.. where have you been? (I really need to learn how to enclose links on this blog, I promise I will get there!) Ravelry is an awesome community for fiber freaks like me. It is amazing. I will talk more about what Ravelry really is another time, but if you are really curious, go to www.ravelry.com or (hey there is a link!)check out some other blogs about it, everyone has blogged about what it is, and probably a lot more succinctly than myself. This group is called Hearts of Love, and it seems very active. The goal of this group is to make Chemo Caps for patients undergoing therapy, as well as other kind gifts for these individuals. The caps can be donated to any group, but the focus project is to donate to UCDavis Medical Center Cancer Center in Davis, California. This really is special to me because my Grandmother died of cancer and did not have the chance to have treatment. I hope that when I knit a cap or a lap blanket for a patient, some of my love gor my Grandmother and my care for these patients will be felt on some level by the patient. That person will know someone cares, and someone wants them to get better.

Ok thats all for now. Off to the chiropractor, and then on the road again. Good song..

No comments:

Post a Comment