Thursday, February 26, 2009

First Post! (In a sick Voice.. Cough, Cough)


OK, so this past week I decide that I want a blog, and I start writing in my notebook/journal thing what I want my blog to address, how I want my blog to look, who I want to read my blog.. Then the fantasy hits, and I am suddenly the Yarn Harlot, everyone is reading this, it is my dream job to tell you about my life, what I am knitting, what I am eating.. and then I snap out of it. No even knows I am doing this. I have zero readers.


So starting over again. If anyone ever reads my blog, it is a multi-use blog, for my words about yarn and my obsession with partially finishing objects out of string.. about my struggles losing the last pounds (not from a baby, not from anything interesting, well chocolate is interesting).. about living in a different city from my husband, and trying to move my job so we can live in the same home again.. Those are the life things I want to talk about.


I have a lot of topics I have written down in my journal/notepad, that I hope will get written about in my blog. Some ideas are about my longing to learn to spin without taking a class.. Why exercise sucks, AKA I need a sport less violent than hockey but as cool as hockey.. Podcasts.. Why knitters rock, and many more.

Today three good things happened. The first one was that I woke up and for the first time in four days, my sinus headache was less painful! Amazing. The second good thing was that my husbando called me to let me know I am a top candidate for a job I interviewed for, which is great way to wake up in the morning. The third thing that was good was that I finished a pair of socks. I call them my Lite Brite socks. The Pattern is called Anastasia. I will try to learn links for next blog.


(I like this photo, my sock is ALIVE!) Anyhow, they are really comfy, and I am really happy with them.


My next project is going to be a sweater for Husbando. Husbando has never asked in the 4 years I have been knitting, for any knitted item. This Christmas, he asked me why I don't knit for him, and I told him I didn't think he would be interested, and he said he wanted a lightweight sweater "just like the one I have that I wore out" (great, that will be easy.. sarcasm.. what if I can't do it??). The sweater he is talking about is a 2x2 ribbed, he calls it a Navy boat sweater, it has a half zip and a 2 inch collar. So I got a pattern from KnitPicks, I will post it next time. I am going to do some mods to it, and see what I get!


1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful you've started a blog! I've really been enjoying posting on mine. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete